The Bash is the Foundation’s largest fundraiser. Contributions from this event will be used to ensure that Orono students continue to receive unparalleled education and that our teachers have access to the best resources and programs needed to enrich the quality of their instruction in Orono Schools.
ORONO FOUNDATION FOR EDUCATION RED & BLUE BASH
The Great Gatsby | Saturday, April 27, 2024 | Lafayette Club
2800 Northview Road, Minnetonka Beach
Step into the Roaring Twenties for this Gatsby-style party that is sure to be the cat’s pajamas
with an abundance of gratitude, laughter, music and dancing!
5:30 PM – Check-in Begins
6:00 PM – Cocktail Hour and Complimentary Appetizers
7:00 PM – Dinner, Program and Live Auction
9:00 PM – Dessert and Dancing
Individual tickets will go on sale in early March.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I get tickets to the Bash?
Full table sponsorships (for 10 to 12 people) and individual tickets will be available for purchase using the link on this webpage. Guests who would like to split a table sponsorship will be able to do so and can make payment to the Foundation separately if desired. Table sponsorships are not just for businesses, most tables are sponsored by individuals, couples or groups.
Table sponsorships will be available for purchase in mid-February. Individual tickets will go on sale in early March.
Do I need to purchase tickets ahead of time?
Yes! The Bash has historically sold out and once tickets are gone, they are gone. We are limited with space at the Lafayette Club and do not have the ability to sell more tickets than Lafayette Club will allow.
I have never been to the Bash, what should I expect?
The Bash is a fun night of fundraising, laughter, dinner and dancing!
- Entertainment will include high school student performances, short program/video presentation, Heads and Tails Game, Luxury Purse Raffle, Live Auction, Silent Auction, traveling photo booth, DJ and dancing.
- Fun cocktail attire is encouraged (but not required) – think flapper dresses and bow ties. Business casual to professional are also perfectly appropriate – bonus if you wear red and/or blue!
- Complimentary valet parking will be available for all guests. Tips are encouraged.
- Food and beverage for the evening will include passed appetizers, a plated dinner including salad, dessert, and a CASH bar with beer, wine and a signature cocktail option (complimentary cocktails and wine included with some table sponsorships). All plated meals are gluten free and there will be a vegetarian option available.
- Guests will want to bring cash* (for the bar), credit card, a fully charged cell phone (for the auction), your dancing shoes and energy for a great night of FUNdraising! * Lafayette Club does not take credit cards for beverage purchases. There is an on-site ATM in the lobby of the club if needed. Lafayette members can charge beverages to their member accounts, but Lafayette will not charge other Club’s accounts for beverages at the Bash.
How do donations and sponsorships make an impact?
After covering expenses, proceeds from the Bash are placed into the Foundation’s Annual Fund. Contributions to the Annual Fund are invested into Orono Schools each year to support immediate needs and fill gaps in the budget due to state funding shortfalls and the rising cost of inflation.
Local tax dollars are distributed evenly among school districts across the state based on number of students enrolled in each district. The only dollars guaranteed to stay in our district are referenda funds approved by district voters and private donations to nonprofits that support the school, like the Foundation.
- The Foundation is the only organization that serves all students and teachers across the K-12 spectrum. This is one way that OFE differs from parent organizations. Another difference is that the Foundation supports fundamental needs that take place behind-the-scenes related specifically to academics and operations.
- Donations to the Foundation support staffing, curriculum, resources and trainings that are not offered at schools of a similar size and make Orono a great place to learn and grow. This has included (but is not limited to) K-8 World Languages, K-5 Literacy Program, Pillars of Character, and the variety of AP course offerings that have resulted in Orono being rated the #1 Traditional High School in Minnesota.
- Foundation board members and staff work closely with Orono School District administration to identify where additional funding is needed and where it will have the greatest impact.